The Board's Role in Asset Management: Article series by Dr Monique Beedles
Board Directors are asset managers. Delivering value from the company’s assets is one of the key roles of the board. It’s important that board directors have a thorough understanding of asset management principles and how they apply to board decision making.
My integrated model of governance and asset management brings together Robert Tricker’s well-known model of governance roles and the asset management fundamentals, as defined in ISO 55000, part of the suite of international standards for asset management.
This series of five articles focuses on the Board’s role in asset management across these areas:
1. The Board’s Leadership Role in Asset Management
2. The Board’s Strategy Role in Asset Management
3. The Board’s Risk Role in Asset Management
4. The Board’s Policy Role in Asset Management
5. The Board’s Compliance Role in Asset Management